Saturday, February 15, 2014

Framing out


Realized I bought 92" instead of 96" 2x4s. Means I can't frame out every 32" as planned and there's some extra space at the end. Given that I'm skipping every other stud in a standard frame, it's a little shaky.  Going to see if I get the size right before I make it sturdier.





Took me a couple hours to do just this. Was going to quit, but didn't want to go to bed having it look like such a lack of progress.  Ate some food and forced myself to get another wall up.  That only took about an hour. Came out pretty good. 


You can see the chairs where I'm testing the seating arrangement. Currently thinking 9-10 in a room might be good. The more people I have the less I have to charge, but the more people I have the less intimate it will be. This seems like a good starting point. Plus the model can be transitioned to a standard trailer.

Upcoming: 
- Getting it all black plastic'ed up so I can see what the shape will be.  
- Getting more shit out of the music room so I can move around.
- Thinking about enlisting help of friends that want to pitch in. My handyman skills are slowing me down. Hoping this blog might be a good place to get some suggestions from people.




No comments:

Post a Comment