Saturday, February 22, 2014

I love amazon

I had my friend Jen over to show off the porch out back that I had added. The door was open to the eureka room room and she asked what that was. So I had to let her into the room... After her initial wtf-is-this-mike reaction, which was mainly her just staring at me and laughing awkwardly for about ten minutes (probably wondering if I was going to murder her... the black plastic gives the room a more than slight ominous murder-room sort of feel), I explained the project.  She actually thought it was cool, so I'm adding her to the prototype guinea pig list.

She suggested bean bags instead of the benches that I had in mind to build (though no idea how to build) and also mentioned getting surround sound, covering the ceiling in black plastic and poking it with holes to look like stars (great idea) and some other ideas.  She also mentioned that I had a stud right in the middle of the entrance.

After she left, I got on amazon and found a cheap surround sound speaker set (6 speakers), some cheap fabric for a screen and then looked for bean bags. They are pricey, like $30 for a kids and $60 for an adult. So I looked for benches and found these awesome things:

http://amzn.to/MODl7q

You get 2 plastic frames, then you go to home depot and buy 2x4s and put it together. Genius.  I bought 3 pair. I hope to have 9-10 people in the room at once.

I originally was going to buy this movie screen fabric for $60, then one of the commenters said just get it from a fabric store. I found it on amazon as well and only spent $20. It might be a less good product, but this is a prototype after all...

I need to keep receipts and post the current expenses on this.

Monday I meet with Christine Chen to talk about cheap and fast ways to make the 25 short films I need to make for this thing. I'll probably just do a few and see how that goes first.

I need to set a goal of when this hits the streets. Or some milestones. I must get this out there this year, hopefully by summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment